From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT]advice for a wireless router
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:18:22
1 Hi,
2
3 Sorry for the slight OT. On Monday I'll have a new shiny MacBook Pro at
4 home :) (where I will install Gentoo, of course). For this reason, I'd
5 like to have wireless at home.
6
7 So I'm planning to buy a wireless router to share my current DSL*
8 connection. Since my knowledge on wireless is practically none (I never
9 owned a notebook since 386 days), I'd like to hear what Gentooers have
10 to say on how to choose it.
11
12 I was also thinking about *building* the wireless router by using one of
13 the old boxes I have at home and good ol'Tux. Is this possible? In this
14 case, what kind of wireless hardware do I need to attach?
15
16 Thanks,
17 m.
18