From: WooHyung Jeon <dev@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 01:31:11
1 On 2020-10-11 오후 8:55, Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 22:09:00 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> A feature that would be useful for menuconfig would be the ability once
6 >>> a search is done to jump onto the desired search item directly (if the
7 >>> item were available at all).
8 >> That's already there. Options that are available have a number next to
9 >> them. Press that to jump to the option.
14 > Wow!!!  O_O  I never noticed that.  It works too.  I did a search for
15 > speak and saw a number next to the results and hit it, 1 in my case, and
16 > it went right to it.  I'm not going to mention how many times I went
17 > digging to find something in the past.  It embarrassing.  ;-)
18 >
19 > Now that is cool.  I just hope I remember to use it the next time. :/
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-)  :-)
24
25 Just watch out and read carefully where you landed on.
26 It could take you to the dependent option, before the specific
27 one. For example, even if you searched 'A' and select the number
28 left-side of 'A', it could land on option 'B' because it must
29 enabled before you can play with 'A'.
30
31 I surprised twice. First, as you did, when I first noticed I
32 can select with the number, and Secondly, when I noticed it
33 sometimes didn't bring me to the specified option :)
34 --
35 Regards,
36 W.H.Jeon