From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 06:47:13
1 On Mon, 12 Oct 2020, WooHyung Jeon wrote:
2
3 > Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 21:30:59
4 > From: WooHyung Jeon <dev@××××××.com>
5 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
8 >
9 > On 2020-10-11 ?? 8:55, Dale wrote:
10 > > Neil Bothwick wrote:
11 > >> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 22:09:00 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
12 > >>
13 > >>> A feature that would be useful for menuconfig would be the ability once
14 > >>> a search is done to jump onto the desired search item directly (if the
15 > >>> item were available at all).
16 > >> That's already there. Options that are available have a number next to
17 > >> them. Press that to jump to the option.
18 > >>
19 > >>
22 > > Wow!!!  O_O  I never noticed that.  It works too.  I did a search for speak
23 > > and saw a number next to the results and hit it, 1 in my case, and it went
24 > > right to it.  I'm not going to mention how many times I went digging to find
25 > > something in the past.  It embarrassing.  ;-)
26 > >
27 > > Now that is cool.  I just hope I remember to use it the next time. :/
28 > >
29 > > Dale
30 > >
31 > > :-)  :-)
32 >
33 > Just watch out and read carefully where you landed on.
34 > It could take you to the dependent option, before the specific
35 > one. For example, even if you searched 'A' and select the number
36 > left-side of 'A', it could land on option 'B' because it must
37 > enabled before you can play with 'A'.
38 >
39 > I surprised twice. First, as you did, when I first noticed I
40 > can select with the number, and Secondly, when I noticed it
41 > sometimes didn't bring me to the specified option :)
46 Didn't read about any of this in the handbook, probably some material on
47 inside menuconfig might be where this stuff could go.