From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:36:21
1 On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:38:06 +1000, Jake Moe wrote:
2
3 > > for the distfiles http-replicator is great. Example:
4 > > Box one has the tarball. Box 2, 3 and 4 can download it as well. Box
5 > > one does not have the tarball. Box 2 may search for it, box one will
6 > > download it and give it to box 2. Then box 3 and 4 can download it
7 > > from box one as well.
8
9 > Well, I suppose I'll have to look into that then, won't I? Thanks for
10 > the info.
11
12 Alternatively, use an NFS mount as $DISTDIR and you don't end up with
13 copies of the tarballs on every machine on the network.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. Its the transition thats
20 troublesome. - Isaac Asimov