From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:08:20
1 On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:33:56 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > No, I read them from a number of machines but using a single
4 > > server that handles all the filtering too.
5 >
6 > Same here -- the only difference between the two approaches is
7 > who's administering the server. You handle it yourself, I let
8 > gmane do it. :)
9
10 The main difference is that mine still works when my Internet connection
11 is not available. And that all my mail is accessible from the same place,
12 including mails I'd never put on a server owned by someone else.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The law of Probability Dispersal decrees that whatever it is that hits
19 the fan will not be evenly distributed.