From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:05:38
1 On 2010-02-23, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:48:35 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I get the impression you always read the mailing lists on a
5 >> single machine? I read Gmane's "lists" from 4-5 different
6 >> machines and locations. Duplicating all that mail locally on
7 >> all those machines would be a pain.
8 >
9 > No, I read them from a number of machines but using a single
10 > server that handles all the filtering too.
11
12 Same here -- the only difference between the two approaches is
13 who's administering the server. You handle it yourself, I let
14 gmane do it. :)
17 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Of course, you
18 at UNDERSTAND about the PLAIDS
19 visi.com in the SPIN CYCLE --