From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Something firewall-ish
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 04:46:30
1 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> [14-12-16 05:28]:
2 > On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 05:02:40 +0100
3 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >
5 > > actually the thing is: There is a plugin called "NoScript" which
6 > > constantly accesses secure.informaction.com, which is the author
7 > > of this plugin.
8 > > I tried a lot to block that access from inside firefox but did
9 > > not find a way to do so (read: _I_ did not find... ;)
10 >
11 > <http://hackademix.net/2010/07/28/abe-patrols-the-routes-to-your-routers/>
12 > explains the connection and how to disable it in NoScript's options.
16 Hi Q,
17
18 very interesting page...thank you!
19 Its the stuff I like ;)
20
21 What is the difference between NoScript saying "the access to
22 secure.informaction.com is completly anonymous" and
23 anyone else stating this?
24 Since the access is encrypted I cannot check its contents.
25 And how is it possible to send back an answer, if my
26 IP-address isn't offered (that is: "completly anonymous")?
27
28 Do you know anything about the other address and its origin:
29 s3-1.amazonaws.com
30
31 ? It has something to do with a cloud service of Amazon...
32 But what could be the origin of this one ... ?
33
34 Best regards,
35 Meino