From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 02:35:56
1 Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 08/08/19 18:06, Dale wrote:
3 >> Picking random reply, sort of. Well, I finally got my SD card in. I
4 >> bought a 32GB one but found a good deal on a 64GB one that was really
5 >> close by so I ordered it. Still waiting on the 32GB one to arrive.
6 >> Anyway, I put the 64GB one in the phone when it got here yesterday. I
7 >> haven't tested SSHelper or anything yet. I've only taken one picture
8 >> with the phone so far. I may try to access it in a bit and at least see
9 >> if I can view/download/etc that one pic. Still trying to sort out this
10 >> "cloud" thingy too. I saved something to something "cloud" this morning
11 >> when it popped up that I could. Let's not ask me about details tho. ROFL
12 > Just be aware. Until I switched the damn thing off, our Motorola camera
13 > app was configured by default to save to the cloud. So as soon as the
14 > phone got access to wi-fi or whatever, it uploaded the pics and deleted
15 > them from local storage!!!
16 >
17 > Cheers,
18 > Wol
22 Update:
23
24 I went to the store the other day and found out why some things are
25 giving me troubles.  It's not me being clueless, first for everything,
26 it's my phone plan.  When I had the Razr, the sales manager disabled
27 several things that the Razr couldn't do anyway in order to get the
28 price down.  My data plan was set at 600MBs, yes, MBs, and was disabled
29 which is basically like zero.  So, when I'm on a wi-fi, I can do some
30 things.  Other than that, not happening.  If I want to pay double tho, I
31 can get a regular plan more suited to my phone.  I plan to keep my
32 cheapy plan for the time being.
33
34 I think I disabled a lot of stuff you mentioned Wol.  I do want to get
35 rid of that google microphone thingy but haven't quite figured out how
36 or what I can use in place of it that doesn't have the microphone
37 thingy.  It's not like I can cut the cord on the microphone since I want
38 to talk on the phone to people.  ;-)  I did manage to get it set up so
39 that I can upload my contacts and such, just in case I run over the
40 phone or something with the car or my tractor.
41
42 On the SSHelper thingy.  I installed it a while back but was unable to
43 test it.  Finally I took a couple pics, just random junk really, and
44 tested it.  FYI, it requires a file manager not a web browser.  I used
45 sftp for mine and was able to see my pics and also able to copy some
46 ringtones over to the phone.  So, SSHelper does work on the Galaxy J2 at
47 least.  Mine for sure.
48
49 I have one thing I have not been able to figure out tho.  I accidentally
50 imported my contacts to the phone twice. When I go to the contacts part,
51 it shows Phone twice.  I can't figure out how to delete one of them.  No
52 need having two copies. I'm sure there is a trick somewhere, I just have
53 to find it.  lol
54
55 Dale
56