From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail server
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 03:02:23
1 On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:54:05 +0100
2 laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > I first just need my apache to send mails via mod_php and mod_neko.
5
6 I'd also suggest using lite smtp client, like msmtp, which I find a
7 bit more feature-packed and stable than ssmtp, while being just as easy
8 to set up.
9
10 And if you're still going to choose full-fledged MTA, keep in mind
11 that you'll need a non-firewalled connection (at least to some ports)
12 and reverse DNS record - so that if you type "host <Your_IP>" (or
13 "dig -x <IP>") you'll get the correct domain name, otherwise nearly
14 every mail service will consider you to be anonymous spammer and won't
15 deliver any mail from your MTA.
18 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net