From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:50:48
1 Why go through all this trouble trying to learn how to set up Mozilla
2 mail? What's the benefit? I have been using YahooMail and GMail
3 quite happily, where you have an easy, no-frills, light-weight
4 interface, where you can customize exactly how you want to compose
5 your response and arrange quotes and to what extent you want to quote
6 someone.
7
8 I think this whole thread is common sense. To me anyway. You give a
9 short little quote to refresh people's memory of what you're replying
10 to and give it just enough context without it getting too long and
11 right under the quote you put your own response, so that there's a
12 conversation-like flow.
13
14 We should make an effort to keep personal stuff out of these lists.
15 Everyone has enough problems of their own to start a drama. We just
16 want to help each other out, further our knowledge, and contribute if
17 we can be useful.
18
19 Cheers
20 Denis