From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot Compaq Proliant 1600
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:31:54
1 Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 >
3 > Tell me about it, gotta drag this old machine all the way up to the
4 > forth floor. It was an inexpensive choice for a file server, and I was
5 > happy to see the Gentoo Minimal CD booting (cause then I was sure it
6 > would work).
7 >
8 > Anyway, I had to go (I'm on the road right now) and left it compiling
9 > a new kernel (manually this time), that I'll test tomorrow.
10 >
11 > Is there any way to copy the LiveCD kernel and initrd so I can boot
12 > the EXACT kernel the CD is using? This way I can troubleshoot this
13 > damn thing without a LiveCD and chroot every 5 minutes...
16 There may be a way to copy those setting and such but I'm not sure how.
17 If Knoppix can do it there has to be a way. I read you can put Knoppix
18 on a hard drive too.
19
20 I can say one thing about the server, it has great cooling for a old
21 rig. I think they made it big and heavy so the fans would not push it
22 across the floor. LOL
23
24 I wonder if I can copy that to the floppy? I think the floppy works.
25 I'll check on that in a little bit. May save me from dragging that
26 thing in the house.
27
28 Dale
29