From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to avoid perl harbor (pun intended)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:05:36
1 On 15-07-13 at 05:19, walt wrote:
2 > Today's update started as a disaster: perl wants to upgrade from
3 > 5.20.2 to 5.22.0, but all of my existing perl modules insist on having
4 > 5.20.2 so the perl update blocks and then emerge stopped with an error
5 > and left the whole mess for me to solve. (To me this appears to be a
6 > bug in the perl family of ebuilds.)
7 >
8 > Here is my painless workaround for this mess:
9 >
10 > #ebuild /usr/portage/dev-lang/perl/perl-5.22.0.ebuild merge
11 >
12 > That trick cleared the blocker and allowed the rest of today's update
13 > to proceed. (Lots of individual perl modules have updates also, which
14 > may be part of this problem, but I don't know.)
15 It worked for me after I added --backtrack=30
18 Simon Thelen