From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless not working anymore
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:09:46
1 On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:57:41 +0200, Marco wrote:
4 > > What did you update? Telling us you updated wporld means nothing, it
5 > > just tells us that one of the unknown packages you updated may have
6 > > broken something. Use genlop or qlop to produce a list of the exact
7 > > packages installed.
8 >
9 > I installed a file containing the output of 'qlop -l'
10
11 But you haven't told us when the problem started, so which of those
12 packages are relevant?
13
14 It looks like you installed a new microcode package two days ago, that
15 may be incompatible with your card. Have you tried rolling back to the
16 previous version?
17
18 > > You may have it installed, but it is either in the wrong place or an
19 > > incompatible version as the kernel cannot load it.
20 >
21 > How can I find out about that? Where should it be located?
22
23 qlist will show where is is installed, /lib/firmware is the standard
24 location.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Being defeated is a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it
31 permanent