From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: what audio file format / container to play on Android.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:08:05
1 > On 5 Jul 2016, at 16:54, wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > If you wanna put the audio data into another container without recoding
4 > it, you can use for example something like that:
5 >
6 > ffmpeg -i filename.mp4 -acodec copy filename.m4a
7
8 This has worked. Many thanks for your help.
9
10 I did not actually expect this, as I thought .mp4 and .m4a were the same thing (see links below) and renaming the .mp4 to .m4a did not have any effect.
11
12 ffmpeg did, however, seem to do no more than copy the stream (it took only a second or so), so presumably it has marked the container differently somehow. See attached, anyone who's interested.
13
14 I appreciate the contributions of all who've replied,
15
16 Stroller.
20 [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9412384/
21 [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14#.MP4_versus_.M4A