From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Your opinion on jpeg encoders, please
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 02:23:09
1 On 04/01/2021 23:37, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > However I noticed that the latter procuces larger files for the same quality
3 > setting. So currently, I first save with a very high setting from Showfoto
4 > and then recompress the whole directory in a one-line-loop using
5 > imagemagick’s convert.
6 You lose some extra quality when doing this due to recompression. What
7 you should do is save in a lossless format (like png or bmp) and then
8 convert that to jpg.