From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Has semantic-desktop really become compulsatory for kmail?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:53:22
1 On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:19:43 +0100, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2
3 > But I do find it silly, that the various applications that aren't
4 > dependent of the DE, to require a dependency of the DE. It just seems
5 > a bit backwards to me :-) I simply don't understand.
6
7 That just shows that they are still partially dependent on the DE, KMail
8 also needs various KDE libraries. KDE was designed as a cohesive DE, not
9 just a bunch of applications with a common look and feel. KDE apps are
10 intended to be run on a KDE desktop, anything else is a nice bonus.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
17 - Mark Twain