From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:05:10
1 On Saturday 17 March 2012 12:54:53 Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
2
3 > genkernel is pretty simple to use if you ask me.
4 > just
5 >
6 > emerege genkernel
7 >
8 > and then use
9 >
10 > genkerenl --menuconfig all
11 >
12 > it will do everything for you the same as in a regular kernel
13 > compiling.
14 >
15 > you have instructions on how to use genkernel on the handbook.
16
17 What's more, you don't have to keep going through menuconfig if you
18 already have a running self-compiled kernel. Just copy the .config file to
19 somewhere safe (I use, e.g. /boot/config-3.2) and call genkernel with the
20 option to specify the config file it's to use. Sorry but I can't tell you
21 exactly what the parameter is as I don't have genkernel on this box.
22 Someone will be along in a moment though.
25 Rgds
26 Peter