From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:49:00
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 08:52 on Thursday 09 June 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Paul Hartman wrote:
5 > > On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> I'm just hoping html5 will improve some things. May not but doesn't
7 > >> hurt to hope. I just hope it will eliminate some of the things that
8 > >> are such power or memory hogs now. It may not at first but eventually
9 > >
10 > > Some stuff is already looking good, outside of streaming video, like
11 > > http://chrome.angrybirds.com/ which probably would not be possible
12 > > without Flash or Java just a couple years ago.
13 >
14 > So things like youtube won't change any?
15
16 Why do you think it will change at all?
17
18 IPv4 is not going away. There is still lots of space available and it has a
19 very long life ahead of it still.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com