From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with sound card
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:21:57
1 On 10/24/2011 04:31 PM, Lavender wrote:
2 >> * Looks like maybe you have 2 sound cards. Are you going through
3 >> the correct card for output?
4 > It's not like that . I only have one sound card and one HD audio controller,
5
6 Er, if you have one sound card and one audio controller, then doesn't
7 that make two sound cards? :-/ (One actual sound card (PCI or PCIe) and
8 one integrated into the mainboard?)
11 > I don't why there are card0 and card1.
12 >
13 >> * Did you go into alsamixer to verify that the appropriate outputs
14 >> are unmuted?
15 >
16 > Actually there is no alsamixer in my system
17
18 You didn't install it then. It's in the "media-sound/alsa-utils" package.
19
20 Also, if you want to know which sound drivers you need, look up the
21 specs of your mainboard (or post your mainboard's brand and model here.)