From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mini-PCIe SSD
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 19:28:36
1 >> I'm trying to use one of these mini-PCIe storage devices:
2 >>
3 >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWEA88
4 >>
5 >> in a Gigabyte Brix mini-computer but there isn't a /dev/sd* entry for
6 >> it and it isn't in lspci. Any ideas?
9 > This may be a silly question - if you have an early revision of one of
10 > these, does the BIOS even support an SSD in the mini-PCIe slot? Maybe
11 > there's a BIOS update? I see that the new revisions do in fact support
12 > mini-PCIe SSDs, but that doesn't mean earlier revisions do.
15 I just checked and I'm using BIOS version F2 which is the latest
16 available. My hardware revision is v1.1. It sounds like I may be out
17 of luck. The device does have a SATA3 port but I was hoping not to
18 cram an entire 2.5" SSD in there to cut down on heat since it's
19 fanless. Do I have any other options?
20
21 - Grant