From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mini-PCIe SSD
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 22:26:08
1 On 09/07/2014 12:28 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > I just checked and I'm using BIOS version F2 which is the latest
4 > available. My hardware revision is v1.1. It sounds like I may be out
5 > of luck. The device does have a SATA3 port but I was hoping not to
6 > cram an entire 2.5" SSD in there to cut down on heat since it's
7 > fanless. Do I have any other options?
8 >
9 > - Grant
12 Is it possible that the device is DOA? Can you check it on another
13 laptop (or another device with the mini-PCIe slot?
14
15 Alternatively maybe an adapter can be acquired to test it on a regular
16 PC. Maybe a USB -> PCIe mSata bridge adapter exists?
17
18 I have had DOA RAM and such before, although not on a SSD.
19
20 Dan