From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] date and gentoo running under vmplayer
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 03:50:58
1 Hi all - it's been awhile
2
3 This past week I've set up Gentoo running in a VM built by
4 http://www.easyvmx.com/ under a XP host. Installation and configuration
5 went fine. I normally leave the VM running when I walk away from the
6 machine, but when I return, time is way off. Shutting down Gentoo & the
7 VM & rebooting solvles the problem, as vmplayer must initially get the
8 date and time from the host, but it sure doesn't keep it right after
9 that. I tried openntpd, but it kept setting the time further and further
10 off. I live in Fort Collins, Co and my locatime is set correctly
11 (America/Denver). This is my 1st time playing with VM's. Is this common?
12 Is there any way around it? I'm not really sure why openntpd didn't
13 work.
14
15 Any and all help appreciated.
16