From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with help2man and Perl
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 20:15:31
1 On 08/05/2012 11:07 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > I then run the emerge again and for some reason it wants to rebuild
4 > perl again, a different version to what perl-cleaner rebuilt.
5
6 That sounds very strange. Why should two versions of perl be fighting
7 for top dog on your machine?
8
9 The only reason I can think of at the moment (being sadly without either
10 Tokay or chocolate to stimulate my brain) is that you may have masked or
11 unmasked one or more versions of perl or a perl package for reasons long
12 forgotten?
13
14 I use something like 'grep -r perl /etc/portage/*' to check for packages
15 I masked/unmasked and then forgot about.
16
17 Which two versions of perl are competing, and also what arch and gentoo
18 profile are you running?