From: "Schleimer
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] arts crasheing: FIXED!
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:52:10
1 Hi again,
2 I figured out that artsd was crashing because I was
3 trying to play a .ogg without having emerged
4 kdemultimedia with the vorbis USE flag set.
5
6 I added the USE flag, reemerged kdemultimedia (which
7 wasn't autoemerge when I did emerge -ND world??) and
8 artsd stopped crashing.
9
10 So I guess, the more USE flags, the marrier.
11 HOnestly though, is there some kind of standard set of
12 flags one should have enabled?
13
14 Also, maybe there could be a standard way of telling
15 the user that the feature is disabled because of a USE
16 flag instead of just crashing.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Ben
20
21 PS. The things you learn after hours and hours of
22 messing with the system... Not sure if it's worth
23 it...
24
25 --- "Schleimer, Ben" <bensch128@×××××.com> wrote:
26
27 > Hi,
28 > I'm using kde-base/arts-3.4.1-r2 as my kde sound
29 > server.
30 > Unfortunately, it keeps crashing whenever i enable
31 > it.
32 > I've attached the backtrace it gave me but I can't
33 > make any sense of it.
34 >
35 > Is there a way to emerge arts as a debug executable?
36 >
37 > Thanks,
38 > Ben
39 >
40 > "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in
41 > the first place.
42 > Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as
43 > possible, you are,
44 > by definition, not smart enough to debug it." -
45 > Brian W. Kernighan
52 "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
53 Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
54 by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list