From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems setting up sshd on an installation kernel
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 17:00:14
1 Alan Mackenzie schrieb:
2 > Hi, folks!
3 >
4 > I'm trying to get sshd working on an embryonic Gentoo installation on my
5 > laptop. The reason is that I want to ssh from my nice comfy desktop
6 > system into this laptop to do the rest of the installation stuff.
7 >
8 > The installation kernel with which I'm having problems is:
9 > Linux livecd 2.6.30-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Tue Nov 3 11:40:51 UTC 2009.
10 >
11 > Having started sshd on my laptop, when I do
12 >
13 > ssh -lroot 192.168.2.101
14 >
15 > from my desktop, I get prompted for my ssh key's pass phrase, which I
16 > enter. Thereafter, nothing happens, and it continues to happen for a
17 > long, long time.
18 >
19 [...]
20 >
21 > Clearly openpty (a C function) is failing to find some file. Don't you
22 > just love error messages like "No such file or directory" which forget
23 > to identify the filename? I'm guessing that the file it can't find is
24 > the device file for the new pty.
25 >
26 > Is there anything I can do to get sshd working from this kernel (and if
27 > so, what?), or is there something fundamentally wrong with the kernel
28 > configuration?
31 Where did you start sshd, in the chrooted environment or on the live cd
32 itself?