From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: emoticon display with Thunderbird
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:58:11
1 On 24 April 2013, at 15:10, James wrote:
2 > ...
3 > What I'm really (eventually) after is a way to send
4 > a custom emoticon, tied to a specific trirgger.
5 > For example, every hour, I'd like to send a measured
6 > temperature from a remote linux system to the mail
7 > box on another system, that looks like a hollow
8 > emoticon (empty sphere) with these characters inside of
9 > it:
10 >
11 > 72F
12 >
13 > meaning the cpu temperature on this system is 72 degrees F.
14 > Think of it a simple graphical email, via expanded emoticons?
15
16 My immediate reaction to this is to suggest creating a PDF. My mail client shows PDFs inline, so this would display quite nicely. You could create the circle using Postscript, then dump the postscript document to PDF; PDFs allow arbitrary paper sizes.
17
18 Alternatively, you could draw this as a gif or png using imagemagick or something. The imagemagick examples explain how to draw circles:
19 http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/draw/#circles
20
21 Stroller.