From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Install from USB stick; here's how
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 19:41:18
1 On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 05:05:22PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote
2
3 > So what's the deal with http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/HOWTO?
4 >
5 > Why isn't it just the steps below?
6 >
7 > 1) Copy the minimal install .iso to USB mass storage device.
8 >
9 > 2) Boot from USB mass storage device.
10
11 I got the USB-stick install instructions from the Arch linux wiki at
12 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_Installation_Media I was going
13 to link to it in my bug/feature request. Then I noticed the following...
14
15 > Warning: This method does not work with UEFI boot.
16
17 Given how UEFI is spreading, I backed out of the bug report.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications