From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: About the change from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:37:30
1 pk wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
5 >> I think it is hal that does this. You can make up your own rules if you
6 >> want, and can, to "force" it to do what you want. Thing is, the config
7 >> file is a mess. It's xml and if you don't know xml, well, it ain't
8 >> pretty. The rules go into /etc/hal/ somewhere. I don't use hal here so
9 >> this is just info.
12 > As I understand it, Harry wished to control X output (i.e. the virtual
13 > screen size). As far as I know, all configuration for _output_ devices
14 > is done in xorg.conf. HAL (if one is so inclined ;-) takes care of the
15 > _input_ devices...
18 >> I'm not going to get started on hal folks. Just trying to point a
19 >> little. Relax and breathe.
22 > Oh, please! I don't mind... ;-)
23 >
24 > Best regards
25 >
26 > Peter K
30 You been around here long enough to know about me and hal? Surely not
31 or you wouldn't be asking for it. I have to admit, I'm not nearly as
32 pissed as I was tho. lol I'm just not going to try putting it on here
33 again. It didn't work. I couldn't configure the thing so that it
34 would. I removed it. I better stop now. ;-)
35
36 Dale
37