From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: About the change from /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:52:16
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I think it is hal that does this. You can make up your own rules if you
4 > want, and can, to "force" it to do what you want. Thing is, the config
5 > file is a mess. It's xml and if you don't know xml, well, it ain't
6 > pretty. The rules go into /etc/hal/ somewhere. I don't use hal here so
7 > this is just info.
8
9 As I understand it, Harry wished to control X output (i.e. the virtual
10 screen size). As far as I know, all configuration for _output_ devices
11 is done in xorg.conf. HAL (if one is so inclined ;-) takes care of the
12 _input_ devices...
13
14 > I'm not going to get started on hal folks. Just trying to point a
15 > little. Relax and breathe.
16
17 Oh, please! I don't mind... ;-)
18