From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Learning to use libtool
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 03:04:25
1 On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Mike Kazantsev
2 <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:19:19 -0800
4 > "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> I'm trying to learn about libtool for the New Riders book "GNU
7 >> Attoconf, Automake and libtool", and I'm stymied early on.  It wants
8 >> me to run a "ltconfig" program that does not seem to exist.  It said
9 >> to find a few things in /usr/local/share/libtool, and I found all but
10 >> one of them in /usr/share/libtool, but no ltconfig.
11 >
12 > Prehaps it's just a typo and the program in question is "ldconfig"?
15 >> I'm in a similar fix on Ubunu, the only other Linux I have at home.
16 >
17 > Illustrates the fact that typos can be anywhere ;)
18
19 It appears the book is just out of date. I need newer references.
20 It's definitely not ldconfig that's wanted, but a program that
21 configures a local copy of libtool itself. Maybe it's now obsolete.
22 So I'm looking for a new reference. All I've found so far is some
23 acrobat slides -- lots of them, but they have all the problems
24 inherent in slide presentations without a presenter.
25
26 ++ kevin
30 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD