From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jpg support
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:15:37
1 Dirk Heinrichs schrieb am 08.11.2008 11:48:
2 > Am Samstag, 8. November 2008 05:48:24 schrieb Michael P. Soulier:
3 >
4 >> I built gqview and feh without the jpg USE flag in make.conf, and now
5 >> they refuse to display jpg images. I've added jpg to make.conf, and
6 >> ran
7 >>
8 >> emerge -vu --newuse world
9 >>
10 >> but gqview and feh aren't on the list of what's being rebuilt, and
11 >> when it's done I still have no jpg support in those programs.
12 >
13 > Just try to re-emerge those packages and see if they can show jpeg images
14 > afterwards. If yes, please file a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org, so that the
15 > jpeg USE flag will be added to future versions of the packages.
16
17 At least for gqview there will be no jpg use flag. What do you think how
18 use flags work? Simply adding an use flag to an Ebuild will do nothing.
19 A use flag normally enables an option at configuration time. But there
20 is no such option for gqview. At least not until now. Even the
21 development version has only one configure option that counts and this is
22
23 --without-lcms build without lcms support
24
25 So there are two possibilities. First there is no need for a jpg useflag
26 as it will work out of the box. Second the jpg support or needed
27 libraries if they are indeed needed are detected automagically which is
28 bad and a bug should be filed. But from a quick glance into the relevant
29 files I did not recognize such things.
30
31 So I guess rebuilding the affected packages and trying again is the best
32 option.
33
34 Regards,
35