From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Instaling KDE 4.2, second attempt...
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:16:31
1 On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > My first attempt at installing KDE 4.2 so trashed my desktop I had to perform
3 > a general restore to remove all traces of it. I have a completely current
4 > 3.5.10 system running, so I thought I would get a situation where I could
5 > choose which system to login to. In fact, on my second attempt, I get my
6 > original KDM 3.5 login screen and no new options and when I login I do get my
7 > original desktop environment, albeit with corrupt konqueror tool bars. Any
8 > ideas how to enable KDM 4.2 and get the new desktop?
9
10 In my case I uninstalled KDE 3 completely before trying to install KDE
11 4.2. Also make sure your xdm has kde-4.2 so it uses the new KDM.