From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole question
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:52:54
1 On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > When an URL appears in a console, it is usually possible to R-click,
3 > then choose 'open link' & a browser(-tab) opens for that link.
4 > With Xfce's Terminal, it opens in a running instance of Firefox.
5 > With KDE's Konsole, it opens Konqueror, which I don't usually have running.
6 >
7 > However, since around KDE 4.7.1 & continuing in 4.8.0 ,
8 > the version of Konqueror which opens is the file browser,
9 > which I never otherwise use & which is useless for this purpose.
10 > Clearly, what sb opened is Konqueror in browser mode.
11 >
12 > Has anyone else encountered this problem ?
13 > I've tried to find where the browser to open is configured, but can't.
14 > Have I missed a setting somewhere or is this a KDE bug I should report ?
15 >
16 > --
17 > ========================,,============================================
18 > SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
19 > ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 > TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
24 I'm running 99.99% stable here so takes that for what it is. Here,
25 with Firefox open I run in konsole
26
27 eix ardour
28
29 and then right click on the ardour.org link and choose Open Link. I
30 get the Ardour web site in the running version of Firefox.
31
32 With Firefox not running KDE/konsole still opens Firefox.
33
34 - Mark