From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Pipewire not a dependency?
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 14:09:23
1 On Thursday, 29 September 2022 15:11:02 BST Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 28/09/2022 13:57, Michael wrote:
3 > > I'm trying to understand why one laptop with Plasma which had pulseaudio
4 > > removed, won't bring in pipewire as a dependency. I have set USE="-
5 > > screencast", because I don't need/want this functionality, as I have done
6 > > on other systems which nevertheless have had pipewire brought in as a
7 > > dependency.
8 > Probably some other package pulls it in directly, independent of the
9 > screencast USE flag. For example media-sound/easyeffects.
10
11 I just looked and a pipewire(d) system has only a few additional audio
12 applications, spek, vidcutter, easytag, none of which seem to bring in
13 pipewire. I think I'll have to install it manually on the system which
14 doesn't bring it in as some dependency. Somehow I was under the impression it
15 comes with Plasma these days, but perhaps I have stripped down this Plasma/kde
16 installation too much.