From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Pipewire not a dependency?
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 14:50:40
1 On Saturday, 1 October 2022 15:08:40 BST Michael wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 29 September 2022 15:11:02 BST Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > On 28/09/2022 13:57, Michael wrote:
4 > > > I'm trying to understand why one laptop with Plasma which had
5 pulseaudio
6 > > > removed, won't bring in pipewire as a dependency. I have set USE="-
7 > > > screencast", because I don't need/want this functionality, as I have
8 > > > done
9 > > > on other systems which nevertheless have had pipewire brought in as a
10 > > > dependency.
11 > >
12 > > Probably some other package pulls it in directly, independent of the
13 > > screencast USE flag. For example media-sound/easyeffects.
14 >
15 > I just looked and a pipewire(d) system has only a few additional audio
16 > applications, spek, vidcutter, easytag, none of which seem to bring in
17 > pipewire. I think I'll have to install it manually on the system which
18 > doesn't bring it in as some dependency. Somehow I was under the impression
19 > it comes with Plasma these days, but perhaps I have stripped down this
20 > Plasma/kde installation too much.
21
22 I have no pipewire on this fairly standard Plasma box.
25 Regards,
26 Peter.