From: russian sky <russia_sky@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnu-screen split region can't invoke shell
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 13:21:27
1 > As far as I know you need to use 'Ctrl-a n' to move the screen focus > into the next region of the split screen and then 'Ctrl-a c' to
2 start > a window in this split region with a shell in it. Otherwise it >
3 remains empty. > > You could also use 'Ctrl-a 0' to display the content
4 of the first > region of the screen in the second split region -
5 mirroring what the > first region shows. > > 'Ctrl-a tab' switches focus
6 between regions. 'Ctrl-a n' switches the > displayed window within a
7 region to the next window which has an > active shell in it, within the
8 screen session. Instead of 'n' for > next, or 'p' for previous, you can
9 enter the number of the window, > with 0 being the first window in the
10 screen session. > > I'm not sure if I explained it an understandable
11 way, but I think > with a bit of experimentation you'll soon understand
12 how screen > sessions, windows with shells and split regions work.
13
14 After rereading the info(gnu-screen) manual, which indeed clarifies that
15
16 'Ctrl-a S' will generate a blank window.
17
18 It works after following your advice, thanks
21 The gnu-screen runs a litte bit different from tmux which make me
22
23 confusing. Good thing is the structure
24
25 (sessions --->>> regions --->>> windows) becomes clear, thanks again