From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE, sddm etc security. Plus LVM question.
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:09:00
1 Anna “CyberTailor” wrote:
2 > On 2022-03-19 03:03, Dale wrote:
3 >> I been thinking.  Yea, that's dangerous.  lol  If I logout of KDE, or
4 >> have the screen locked, ctrl+alt=L key sequence, how secure is that if I
5 >> have good passwords that are virtually impossible to crack?  My login
6 >> manager is sddm.  As a example, if someone breaks into my home, is there
7 >> a easy way to get past that?  I recall the old windoze 98 days where a
8 >> certain key sequence would bypass the password prompt.  Is there a way
9 >> known to crooks and such that can bypass or easily defeat passwords?
10 > The only secure lockscreen is XScreenSaver.
11 > https://www.jwz.org/blog/2021/01/i-told-you-so-2021-edition/
16 I have that installed here.  Question now is, is that what locks my
17 screen or is KDE/sddm/something else doing that besides xscreensaver.
18 From my poking around, I don't think I'm using xscreensaver.  I'm trying
19 to figure out how that works so I can get it to be used with KDE and any
20 other GUI I use.  Being able to use ctrl+alt=L would be a nice bonus.
21
22 Thanks for that info.  It gets me started.
23
24 Dale
25