From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:19:25
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> Since someone else mentioned KDE4, I do look forward to 4.5. I'm
6 >> hoping for some fixes too. I want the desktop slideshow to be
7 >> sequential instead of random. I have a lot of pics that are taken to
8 >> be a slideshow but if done in random order, they make no sense at all.
9 >> All I need is a little check box to disable the random part.
10 >>
11 > Is there a bug report files already?
14 I haven't filed one. I'm just hoping someone has. Am I the only person
15 that would take pictures intending them to be a slide show? I know I'm
16 "different" but surely not that much. ;-)
19 >> Maybe one day everything will be perfect.< Dale holds his breath>
20 >>
21 > But then KDE 4 will be outdated already and they are doing KDE 5. I heard
22 > it will have some really cool features and gizmos and stuff, you know!
23 >
24 > Wonko
28 I'm hoping that when they start releasing KDE5, they support KDE4
29 longer. The dropping of KDE3 was way to soon. My brother wants to use
30 Linux but I don't want to install KDE3 since it is not supported from a
31 security point of view but I also don't want to install KDE4 which is
32 still pretty buggy. That said, I have been using KDE4 for several
33 weeks. My slide show is the only issue that I have yet to work around.
34 I plan to install Mandriva for him.
35
36 Dale
37