From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:46:05
1 On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:33:14 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > Aren't those manually added to the list by python-updater? So you
4 > > need to use -dmanual to prevent further rebuilding of them.
5
6 > I guess I'm not clear on the use of 'manual' here.
7
8 It's explained in the manual page (sorry :)
9
10 Manual means manually added to the list by python-updater, rather than
11 using any sort of detection.
12
13 > They are
14 > automatically added. If they are correctly rebuilt then they shouldn't
15 > need to be added a second time, correct? However they are. (Over and
16 > over...)
17 >
18 > Basically, it is my understanding that if everything is correctly
19 > updated then on the second pass it should say there's nothing to do,
20 > right?
21
22 If it can determine that that's the case, yes. Packages are added
23 manually because python-updater cannot tell for sure whether they should
24 be rebuilt this time. That's certainly true for ooo-bin and boost, lnd
25 prevented by -dmanual. app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs seems
26 different, I've just been hit by this one, so I ignored it after the
27 first build. I suspect a bug has already been reported.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 If at first you don't succeed, you'll get a lot of free advice from
34 folks who didn't succeed either.