From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS make.conf variable being ignored?
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 19:52:06
1 On 2018-01-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> Is this related:
4 >>
5 >> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2016-06-23-l10n-use_expand.html
6 >
7 > I don't know. I read that news item and followed its instructions at
8 > the time. My make conf contains:
9 >
10 > LINGUAS="en en_US"
11 > L10N="en en-US"
12 >
13 >> Most recent thread here:
14 >>
15 >> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/29b00839ba5be715d883412011d8a421
16 >
17 > That sounds supicious, but I set L10N as I was supposed to.
18 >
19 > Still, it looks like there are at least 9 packages on my system
20 > installed which are now broken due to linguas_XX USE flag problems.
21
22 Apparently, even though there are still plenty of packages that aren't
23 ready for the removal LINGUAS as an expanded USE variable, they went
24 ahead and did it.
25
26 For example, the first one I ran into was iso-codes:
27
28 https://bugs.gentoo.org/643594
29
30 Hopefully the others will also get fixed soon.
31
32 It's surprising that something as common as cups got broken.
35 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! This MUST be a good
36 at party -- My RIB CAGE is
37 gmail.com being painfully pressed up
38 against someone's MARTINI!!