From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS make.conf variable being ignored?
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 20:04:28
1 On 2018-01-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-05, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Is this related:
5 >>>
6 >>> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2016-06-23-l10n-use_expand.html
7 >>
8 >> I don't know. I read that news item and followed its instructions at
9 >> the time. My make conf contains:
10 >>
11 >> LINGUAS="en en_US"
12 >> L10N="en en-US"
13 >>
14 >>> Most recent thread here:
15 >>>
16 >>> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/29b00839ba5be715d883412011d8a421
17 >>
18 >> That sounds supicious, but I set L10N as I was supposed to.
19 >>
20 >> Still, it looks like there are at least 9 packages on my system
21 >> installed which are now broken due to linguas_XX USE flag problems.
22 >
23 > Apparently, even though there are still plenty of packages that aren't
24 > ready for the removal LINGUAS as an expanded USE variable, they went
25 > ahead and did it.
26 >
27 > For example, the first one I ran into was iso-codes:
28 >
29 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/643594
30 >
31 > Hopefully the others will also get fixed soon.
32 >
33 > It's surprising that something as common as cups got broken.
34
35 Apparently, cups's LINGUAS brokeness was reported almost two years
36 ago, but hasn't been fixed yet:
37
38 https://bugs.gentoo.org/574318
39
40 It looks like aspell was just fixed a couple hours ago:
41
42 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=28feeb4139bfc6d45b8f1353ba167a5757b1c0ea
43
44 I think I'll wait a week or two before attempting to update any other
45 machines...
48 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Thank god!! ... It's
49 at HENNY YOUNGMAN!!
50 gmail.com