From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: updating old box: segfaults with python
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:00:13
1 Am 09.01.2014 09:16, schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
2
3 > You can use sys-apps/memtester without physical access to the machine.
4 > I had cases where memtester found errors which memtest86 didn't.
5 > One of these cases was a machine which probably had a cache coherence
6 > problem
7 > since the error showed up only when more than one process ran memtester.
8 > Replacing the CPU but not the memory fixed that problem.
9
10 Thanks for the pointer ... how to use it to test the whole RAM? Just
11 give it a value bigger than the available RAM or ... ? I just try it
12 with a slightly lower value for now and will re-read the manpage.
15 > Did you try www.sysresccd.org/ version 3.8.1? I'm not sure if it is
16 > based on
17 > glibc-2.17, yet.
18
19 No, didn't take a look yet. Started my download now.