From: "Iván Pérez Domínguez" <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel hangs after detecting the hard disk
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:16:30
1 Looks like I've come with a different situation now:
2
3 I installed Ubuntu in a different partition, it works fine.
4 I took it's kernel's config and tried to recompile gentoo's with it.
5
6 Things are a little better now, but looks like it cannot find /dev/hda2
7 (my root partition) nor /dev/sda2. Since no root can be found, it cannot
8 boot, and remains asking for the root password. If I log in, I cannot
9 access my files in any way. I don't know why.
10
11 On the other hand, I also tried to boot Gentoo using Ubuntu's kernel by
12 setting root=/dev/sda2 (Gentoo's root partition) instead of
13 root=/dev/sda3 (Ubuntu's). It goes perfectly (it even mounts the root
14 partition), but stops after trying to remount proc (it cannot be mounted
15 because it has already been mounted) since it's considered a critical task.
16
17 Any ideas?
18
19 Shall I send the new kernel config as well?
20
21 btw, is there any web site with a huge database with config files or
22 parts of them for different hardware, distributions (if applicable), and
23 kernels? (I already did my homework trying to find it) If not, I think
24 that would be a great idea.
25
26 Iván Pérez Domínguez wrote:
27 > Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
28 >> Hi,
29 >>
30 >> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:07:38 +0200