From: "Iván Pérez Domínguez" <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel hangs after detecting the hard disk
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:30:44
1 Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:07:38 +0200
5 > Iván Pérez Domínguez <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> I'm having another problem, this time it's a kernel related problem.
8 >> I'm currently using kernel 2.6.13, and most things work fine. However,
9 >> when I try to update to a newer kernel (say 2.6.17 or 2.6.20), my laptop
10 >> hangs after detecting the hard disk. If I don't use initrd, it stops
11 >> when udev is loaded.
12 >
13 > What's the last (few lines of) message on screen?
14 >
15 > Did you configure your kernel to use the new libata stuff instead of
16 > traditional IDE drivers?
17
18 I don't know. That might be the problem.
19
20 The old kernel config (2.6.13) is attached. I tried to change it but
21 couldn't find any good combination.
24 > -hwh
25
26 Cheers,