From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Program for posting to a Newsgroup
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:51:22
1 On 2016-07-13, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2016-07-13 03:15 +0000, James wrote:
3
4 > I should have made it more clear that I meant a command line, pipe
5 > friendly, Unix toolkit bit.
6 >
7 > There are such tools for SMTP (swaks if nothing else). Why not for
8 > NNTP?
9
10 Because you haven't written it yet? ;)
11
12 Have you looked at inews? The man page is a bit vague, but its
13 configuration file has a spot to configure an NNTP server.
14
15 > Why does news posting apparently require a huge monolithic "app"?
16
17 It doesn't.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... bleakness
21 at ... desolation ... plastic
22 gmail.com forks ...