From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I turn my audio up?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 18:18:39
1 Alan Mackenzie writes:
2
3 > On my PC's audio, whilst playing CDs, with all volume settings maxed
4 > out, the volume can't be said to be louder than "comfortable and
5 > sensible". In quiet passages, the music gets drowned out by the noise
6 > of the power supply. I know from plugging in my iPod that the
7 > loudspeakers are capable of much more.
8 >
9 > The three volume controls up at full are (i) the one in aqualung; (ii)
10 > the one in alsamixer; (iii) the physical control on the right speaker.
11
12 The ONE in alsamixer? I have at least PCM, Front and CD, another PC also
13 has Master. Are you missing some of those? Is a channel muted (you
14 see 'MM' inmstead of a volume, use the M key to unmute)? Maybe you have to
15 scroll with the right arrow key to see those channels?
16
17 Wonko