From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 06:00:14
1 On 17/01/2015 03:35, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 150116 walt wrote:
3 >> I'd love to see a bar-chart of the age distribution of gentoo devs
4 >> & compare it to a chart of the people who hang out in this mailing list :)
5 >
6 > New devs usually seem to describe themselves as
7 > "I live in a town in Germany with my wife & 2-year-old daughter ;
8 > I am finishing my MSc in computer science ;
9 > my hobbies are playing the guitar & riding my mountain bike".
10 >
11 > OTOH I suspect most of us here starting computing with punched cards ...
14 Can't say I had that pleasure :-)
15
16 I did start with teletype terminals, punched paper tape and a Sinclair
17 Research Mk14 though!
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com