From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:15:47
1 On Thursday, 15. September 2011 00:27:43 Trifu Catalin Florin wrote:
2 > On 2011-09-14 22:23, Michael Mol wrote:
3 > > like get hidden by '-Show quoted text-'. Hit reply, hit ctrl-End to
4 > > get to the bottom, reply...and not realize that you jumped past five
5 > > kilobytes' worth of stale, quoted conversation.
6 > >
7 > > Ouch! That (almost) physically hurt! ;-)
8 > >
9 > > Best regards
10 > >
11 > > Peter K, longing for Pine (but too busy & lazy to configure fetchmail
12 > > right now)
13 >
14 > It seams that the discussion degenerated on how to send emails... Can anyone
15 > please help regarding my problem? It seems that indeed I have an old kernel
16 > version, but how is that possible taking into consideration that I have
17 > used genkernel? How can I upgrade it?
18
19 You did not reboot. genkernel maybe built a new kernel and installed it into
20 /boot, but to make use of the newly built kernel, you have to reboot.
21 If you think, that rebooting is not suitable right now, I offered two
22 alternative (possible) solutions to your compile problems.
23
24 1) disable sandbox temporarily
25 2) use busybox's touch instead
26
27 googling now... a here's a reference:
28 http://foxpa.ws/2011/04/12/portage-errors-touch-no-such-file-or-directory/
29 I was wrong. You don't need a kernel > 2.6.22, you need a kernel >= 2.6.22 :)
30
31 Best,
32 Michael