From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved-rebuild will not run at all
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:37:51
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > I have a fair number of preserved-libs, but it will not run at all and
5 > > gives the rather strange message:
6 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
7 > >
8 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-tex/mplib:0".
9 > > (dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild")
10 > >
11 > > Now I have no such package and an eix seems to indicate that there is no
12 > > such, so how do I get this rebuild going again?
13 > >
14 > > Thanks in advance for all your help.
15 > >
16 > > --
17 > > Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
18 > > How do
19 > > you spend it?
20 > >
21 > >         John Covici
22 > >         covici@××××××××××.com
26 > Probably searching for packages that depend on mplib, (equery) then
27 > emerge -C them (it's what I'd probably do - depends...) then re-emerge
28 > them if you still use them? Note that I'd go back to finding what
29 > members of the world file need all this stuff and emerge that with
30 > -DuN, maybe even doing a -depclean after the emerge -C. It's all a
31 > guess though.
32 >
33 > Seems like this sort of thing happens when a package gets dumped in an
34 > upgrade but somehow the ebuilds or package manager don't get updated
35 > or just don't work perfectly.
36 >
37 > Again, all a guess but I can usually figure it out looking at equery
38 > output, etc.
39 Well, there was a package, but no ebuild, so I deleted the package and
40 its going, but someone broke something. I wish you could not delete an
41 ebuild if you have the package, or it would put it somewhere to prevent
42 this kind of thing.
45 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
46 How do
47 you spend it?
48
49 John Covici