From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Avi-player diplaying the current frame counter while playing ?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 22:12:31
1 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > currentlu I am playing around with Blender animations.
6 >
7 > To sync certain movements of objects to other objects
8 > I need the exact frame number, at which "something
9 > happens" ;)
10 >
11 > The clips are of the avi-format but they are of non
12 > standard resultions. MPlayer does not play them
13 > ("no audio found" and that's it) but mpv has no
14 > problem with them.
15 > But mpv only prints the perceantage of how much
16 > is played already (I cant convice mpv otherwise...)
17 >
18 > Is there a way to instruct mpv to print the current
19 > frame count while playing?
20 > Are there other players known to do that?
21
22 Check out cinelerra. It is a non-linear video editor and so it also
23 plays videos and shows the exact timestamp or framenumber (you can
24 set this in preferences). But cinelerra is a very complex software
25 and thus maybe not what you are looking for.
26
27 Avidemux can also be used as a video player but IIRC it can't show
28 framenumbers but only the exact timestamp.
31 Regards
32 wabe